Sharing the Source of Life
MOTHER OF LIFE CENTER IS …
Fruit of the prophetic vision of Blessed Father Marie-Eugène of the Child-Jesus, OCD.
- 1967: Founded by Miss Mathilde Beckers (1917-2004)
- 1993: Offers a Master of Arts in Religious Education (MARE)
- 2015-2016: Offers the Certificate Program Formation for the transmission of faith (FTF)
- 2017: Celebration of its 50th Golden Jubilee Anniversary
- 2021: Offers the formation program for the youth Vivit Dominus (“The Lord Lives”) (VD)
- 2021-2022: New curriculum for the Master of Arts (MARE) Degree Program
Vision & Mission
Mother of Life Center envisions committed, competent, and joyful MISSIONARY-DISCIPLES of CHRIST in the Philippines and in Asia engaged in catechesis, various Church ministries, and secular professions, witnessing to God’s mercy and leading people to God!
Mother of Life Center is a Catholic, inter-diocesan institution in the Philippines whose mission is to form missionary-disciples of Christ through:
- An integral and holistic human and Christian formation.
- A living encounter with God and fraternal communion in the Church.
- Appreciation of one’s own culture and engagement in interpersonal dialogue.
- Cooperation with the Holy Spirit and discernment of God’s will.
- Proclamation of Jesus everywhere with creative courage, following in the footsteps of the Virgin Mary, Mother of Life.
The Primacy of God
Integral and holistic formation
Openness to Asia
Evangelization with the Holy Spirit
symbolizes not only the Philippines but also Asia which we would like to reach by welcoming other Asians to avail of the programs and the formation offered in MOL; the bamboo also symbolizes the virtues of resilience and adaptation with regard to the pressing needs of our times and in particular, those that touch upon the ministry of catechesis and the transmission of the faith.
the golden half circle
symbolizes the divine life, while the green half circle, that of our life here on earth; their interaction is dynamic and open and signifies the characteristics of the formation that is offered in MOL: integral, human and Christian.
symbolizes the Holy Spirit, our Friend, Whose promptings we would like to faithfully follow in order to become truly effective missionary-disciples of Christ.
the woman with a child in her arms
is no other than Mary, Mother of Life and our Lord Jesus Christ, the true Source of Life, Whom we want to share with everyone as indicated by the words “Sharing the Source of Life”.
Blessed Father Marie-Eugène of the Child-Jesus, O.C.D.
Founder of the Secular Institute Notre-Dame de Vie
A father, a spiritual master, an intercessor
The Secular Institute of Notre-Dame de Vie.
A Secular Institute in the great family of Carmel
It consists of three autonomous branches: the consecrated lay women & men, and consecrated priests; it is present in more than 20 countries, one of which is the Philippines since 1954.
Miss Mathilde Beckers (1917-2004)
Foundress of Mother of Life Center
An “awakener of the Spirit” in all those who came to Mother of Life Center.